- 1 In Stock
- Product Code:
- VS-2 FineHD
1 Year Waranty
Included with every single product we sell. Extended waranty up to 10 years on certain items.
We have a comprehensive knowledge of each and every product on the site. Call 0203 5190 888 or email
Unhappy with something? Return it unused within 14 days for a full refund.
Same Day Despatch
Order by 3pm (Mon-Fri) for same day dispatch from our UK warehouse in Northampton.
UK Shipping Options
FreeRoyal Mail 1st Class (1 Day) - £3.50
Courier next working day - £6.00
Courier AM delivery - £9.50
The VS-2 FineHD builds on the success of the VS-1 FineHD by adding plenty of pro features to an already impressive spec.
The Aputure VS-2 FineHD is a 7" 1920 x 1200p high definition field monitor with an excellent set of pro features to take your filmmaking to the next level. These features include: Focus Peaking, False Colour, Histogram, Zebras, Audio Level Metering, Safe Area, Zoom, Centre Mark, Check Field and Underscan mode.
Not only is this field monitor sleek and compact, it boasts a stunning 1920 x 1200p gloss screen for monitoring full HD footage in clarity. The screen has a high contrast ratio of 1200:1, a brightness nit of 450 and In-Plane-Switching (IPS) screen technology, meaning colours are reproduced accurately and can be viewed at wider angles than conventional LED screens.
The Aputure VS-2 FineHD has HDMI, YPbPr and AV inputs and a 3.5mm headphone jack output. To top it all off the VS-2 FineHD comes with a Battery, Charger, Articulating Mounting Arm, Sun Hood, HDMI cables and a D-Tap power cable.
Measuring just 182mm x 138mm x 23mm and weighing just 360g the VS-2 FineHD is perfect to mount on camera with the included articulating arm which the cold-shoe mount option. The articulating arm also has a ¼" screw for mounting to to rigs that have a ¼" female thread.
The 7" LED 1920 x 1200 HD screen makes it possible to monitor Full HD footage without scaling. The high res screen makes it possible to accurately pull focus- especially in conjunction with the Focus Peak feature, which highlights the area of sharpest focus in a colour of your choice.
The screen has a high contrast ratio of 1200:1 in order to match the high dynamic range of modern video camera footage. The blacks are deep and rich as opposed to washed out like many other monitors. The 450 NIT screen brightness is suitable for bright ambient conditions, as you would expect from a field monitor. Aputure have incorporated IPS (In Plane Switching) screen technology for the monitor's LED screen. This type of screen depicts colours more accurately and can be viewed at wide angles without looking dark or discoloured. The VS-2 FineHD can be viewed from an angle of up to 160°.
The monitor has three inputs; HDMI, YPbPr and AV in order to accommodate high definition, analog and standard definition signals from different devices. An 'HDMI to HDMI Mini' and and 'HDMI to HDMI Micro' cable are included for HD signal transfer from your camera to the VS-2 Monitor.
The 3.5mm headphone jack enables live stereo audio monitoring for supported cameras. The audio level meter function will also allow you to check audio levels as left and right channel volume bars to accurately ensure audio levels are optimal and not clipping (again for supported cameras). In group situations the audio can be played back via the monitor's internal speakers for everyone to hear.
Using the monitor is so quick and simple to learn. The on screen display (OSD) is very clear and intuitive to navigate to gain access to the entire arsenal of great features. If you have any favourite or commonly used features, it is possible to create a quick shortcut to those features so that they can then be accessed easily at the press of a button.
VS-2 FineHD features are as follows:
- Focus Peaking - Red, Yellow, Blue, or White to highlight the contours of sharpest focusing areas.
- Zebras - Zebra stripe pattern to warn of over exposed areas of image.
- Check Field - enables monitoring in monochrome, or only the blue, green, or red channel.
- False Colour - Aids exposure by splitting image into particular colours dependent on exposure value.
- Histogram - Graph to assess the distribution of brightness across the image. (X-Axis = Brightness value, Y-Axis = Number of Pixels)
- Centre Mark - Indicates centre of screen for composition.
- Safe Area - Indicates crop area for a variety of aspect ratios including 2.35:1 (CineScope format) / 1.33:1 / 1.66:1 / 1.85:1 / 70% / 80% / 90% so shots can be composed perfectly to suit desired crop during post production.
- Flip - Image can be flipped vertically or horizontally.
- Colour Temperature - Set colour temperature to 6500k, 9300k or User Preset Value.
- Low Battery Alert
- Zoom - Image zoom to aid focus.
- Underscan - enables to the 1:1 resolution of the video to be monitored whilst still maintaining info bars or overlays that may be found at the edges of video and DSLR screens.
The integrated battery plate on the back of the monitor will accept power from Sony N-PS or NP-FM/QM series of batteries. A high-capacity NP-F style rechargeable battery and charger is included with the VS-2. It also accepts power via its DC 7-18V input (also located on the back of the monitor). A D-Tap to DC cable is supplied with the monitor for linking with a professional broadcast battery / power bank (not included).